Return to Website

Observation Squadron Sixty Seven
VO-67

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Observation Squadron Sixty Seven
VO-67
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An important message from Ralph Womack

TO ALL VO-67 MEMBERS

One-time "get them to D.C. for the PUC"

As you are all aware, I have been privileged to chair the "Get 'em there" committee that was formed in order to assist our brethren in getting to our semi-annual reunions. These have been confidential and, as a result, we have been able to provide assistance in the past that allowed some shipmates to go to the reunions who otherwise would not be able to do so.

I remind you of this effort because we now face an unusual situation regarding presenting the PUC to the squadron. Every single member of the squadron has earned this award and we can all be proud. However, there are a small and special number of our members who have gone above-and-beyond in getting the recognition (thus, the PUC) that our special squadron deserves.

One shipmate in that group would love to be there in D.C. when the award is presented (May 14, 2008 11:00 am at the Navy Memorial in Washington, D.C.) however, he is in a financial situation where doing so would be a hardship. He, though most likely hesitant to ask, could use our help to get there.

The VO-67 board of directors has discussed this situation and all agree that this is quite different than our ongoing effort regarding getting members to the reunions. Indeed, this one-time need is unique. It has therefore been decided that the association will accept donations specifically toward helping our shipmate get to the ceremony.

The decision was to let everyone know the need then let every person make up his own mind if they would like to participate. It was also decided that the assistance provided would have a cap of $500. If we receive more than $500. Anything above this amount would automatically be transferred into the reunion "get 'em there" fund.

So, if you would like to help a member who played a critical role in helping win the recognition that our squadron deserves, you can do so by sending a check to our treasurer Mike Walker mwalker255@aol.com at the following address and please let Mike know your pledge amount so he can track the total. Also, please note in the memo area of your check "PUC Get 'em There Fund".
Send to;

Mike Walker
VO-67 Association Treasurer
2044 Reef St.
Pensacola, FL 32506

Many thanks,
Ralph Womack, Member-At-Large and "Get 'em there" committee chairman
VO-67 Association

Re: An important message from Ralph Womack

Ralph, i have a friend who does promotions, and i have used the promotions myself and will be using the deal at my Seawolf reunion in August in Nashville, if staying for 2 nites the promotion has 3 days, 2 nites for $ 99 and free certificate of $30 for food and drink. + a $ 100 certificate that can be used at a later date for another trip. They have various promotions which include 4 days , 3 nites for $99 with a Free $100 certificate for a later date, for these promotions you may or may not need to attend a 90 min Promotion pitch, if it is required and you dont attend you will have to pay $ 50. the rooms can have Double occupancy etc, if this would help out with your Puc Endeavor give me a call at 1 858 569 0697 . I am a Member of The VO 67 Assoc and this is not a scam . I have helped Many from my group HAL3 Seawolves get to our functions using this deal that wouldnt be finacial able to attend,

Re: An important message from Ralph Womack

Ralph, Jay Holland here. Remember MCAS Iwakuni and the liberties we pulled? Of course this was in 1968 or 1969. I was an ADR2 then and on the Navy birthday we filled up on beer at the EM Club, pooled our money with someone else whose name I have misplaced, and bought enough yen to stagger into town.

I saw a video on Youtube and recognized you in the film. I have often wondered where you and Tim, I just remembered his first name, ended up. I was transferred all of a sudden from VP-17 back to NAS Whidbey Island where there was a good old recip engine to take care of. Stayed there until all recips were gone then retired in Wenatchee, Washington. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Jay Holland.