Return to Website

The NAGNFC Gary Numan Forum For the 21st Century

This is the one and only NAGNFC Forum to let your fellow Numanoids know how you feel! Throw away your inhibitions and let us all know what's on your mind!

The NAGNFC Gary Numan Forum For the 21st Century
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cause & effect?

Got into Numan as a youngster,12 perhaps...was completely blown away.Realized immediately that "cars' was nothing more than a radio-jingle,in contrast to his other,deeper material.Here's what I've wondered,tho: Did my heavy-exposure to Numan-lyrics at such a young age have some kind of cause on my skewed view of the world?

Re: cause & effect?

First of all, I totally disagree with you, 'Cars' to me is a very sexual grimey and dirty song about sex in cars, right up their with 'More , More , More '.

For me, I found Numan when I needed him... When I first started listening to Numan at 13 his music did not change me as much as it helped me understand my position and gave me a feeling of safety in an uncomfortable world. I probably would have found another hero like Bowie or something, but Numan definitely changed how I look at music and maybe even the world. As silly as that sounds, I listened/listen to him so often (doing homework, on the computer, lounging, thinking) whatever that I would be totally silly saying that he didn't affect me a lot. And your view on the world can't be that skewed if you call it skewed yourself

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Got into Numan as a youngster,12 perhaps...was completely blown away.Realized immediately that "cars' was nothing more than a radio-jingle,in contrast to his other,deeper material.Here's what I've wondered,tho: Did my heavy-exposure to Numan-lyrics at such a young age have some kind of cause on my skewed view of the world?