Return to Website

The NAGNFC Gary Numan Forum For the 21st Century

This is the one and only NAGNFC Forum to let your fellow Numanoids know how you feel! Throw away your inhibitions and let us all know what's on your mind!

The NAGNFC Gary Numan Forum For the 21st Century
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Strange X-files-type coincidences

Hi everyone!Being a huge fan of Gary Numan, it is tres' cool that him and I have a little in common. I've included them below. Does anyone else have any mysterious factoids about themselves and Gary Numan?

Fact One: Gary Numan's full name is Gary James Anthony Webb. My name is James, my brother's name is Anthony.

Fact Two: The Moog Synthesizer and Minimoog, which Gary thrust into mainstream consciousness, was created by Robert Moog here in Ithaca where I was born, raised and still live.

Fact Three: Howard Hughes, reclusive aviator and one of Gary's biggest influences is a direct relative of mine according to my grandmother on my father's side, Vina Hughes.

Re: Strange X-files-type coincidences

spooky!!!

yes me and matey boy have so much in common...

we both wear pants,we both have boats[mine is biger and

more flash than his.]he wears a wig and I have one or

two myself..x

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi everyone!Being a huge fan of Gary Numan, it is tres' cool that him and I have a little in common. I've included them below. Does anyone else have any mysterious factoids about themselves and Gary Numan?

Fact One: Gary Numan's full name is Gary James Anthony Webb. My name is James, my brother's name is Anthony.

Fact Two: The Moog Synthesizer and Minimoog, which Gary thrust into mainstream consciousness, was created by Robert Moog here in Ithaca where I was born, raised and still live.

Fact Three: Howard Hughes, reclusive aviator and one of Gary's biggest influences is a direct relative of mine according to my grandmother on my father's side, Vina Hughes.

Re: Re: Strange X-files-type coincidences

Way back before the internet made it easy to keep up with Gary's carreer and releases I often dreamt about him...then would go down to my favorite record shop a couple of days later and there'd be a new record out.It took a few times until it dawned on me , but I got most of the 80's stuff that way ; once I took notice.

I also got my hands on the 1st biography in an odd way : on a strange whim I went into a bookstore which I NEVER visited : I went right to a section ( not even C for Coleman or N for Numan ), bent down and grabbed it off the shelf.

For the 2nd bio I picked up the paperback edition while seaching for novels.I began with the Star Trek line which are the first thing one sees on that floor: nothing there , so I went down the alphabet , checking all the authors I like , then went back to the Trek books for some reason.There it was : bottom right, middle of the shelf and VERY much evident.NO way could I have missed it a few minutes earlier.The bios are on the first floor, I was on the 3rd....I doubt it can get weirder than that....

Mike

Replying to:

spooky!!!

yes me and matey boy have so much in common...

we both wear pants,we both have boats[mine is biger and

more flash than his.]he wears a wig and I have one or

two myself..x

Replying to: