Return to Website

The NAGNFC Gary Numan Forum For the 21st Century

This is the one and only NAGNFC Forum to let your fellow Numanoids know how you feel! Throw away your inhibitions and let us all know what's on your mind!

The NAGNFC Gary Numan Forum For the 21st Century
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No Subject

Can anyone help out fellow NAGNFC reader Paul Shepherd? His copy of Telekon has no stripes! He has been offered well over 200 dollars. The guy he purchased it from said there were only 2 in existence. Should he sell it? Or should he hang on to it? I've never heard of a stripeless Telekon myself and would definintely hang on to it. On the other hand, should Paul sell now while the offers are high?

Stripes or No Stripes?

Hi Jim. We have talked about this at length on SACRIFICE and the general opinion seems to be that no one else has heard of a stripeless Telekon, but that Paul should keep it. Rare as rare can be it seems! I for one would love to have this in my Numan collection. You will meet Paul at the London gig in February Jim, and he is coming back to my place afterwards, so maybe we could get him drunk and persuade him to part with it for a few magic beans???

Anyway, that was the general concensus on SACRIFICE.

Hope you are well and i'll catch you soon mate!!

Smiley xx

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Can anyone help out fellow NAGNFC reader Paul Shepherd? His copy of Telekon has no stripes! He has been offered well over 200 dollars. The guy he purchased it from said there were only 2 in existence. Should he sell it? Or should he hang on to it? I've never heard of a stripeless Telekon myself and would definintely hang on to it. On the other hand, should Paul sell now while the offers are high?

Re: Stripes or No Stripes?

hi jim...im a friend of paul.i remember hearing about the telekon without the stripes in the guinness book of rair records in the mid 80s...and i was told by a shop in manchester that early to mid 80s that the record was worth

£800.(about $1700 ) thats a guess in dollers

and there are only 2 in existance...as for selling it for £175.....no way...i wouldnt sell it for less than £300.....so shepo mate keep hold of it..see you soon

Replying to:

Hi Jim. We have talked about this at length on SACRIFICE and the general opinion seems to be that no one else has heard of a stripeless Telekon, but that Paul should keep it. Rare as rare can be it seems! I for one would love to have this in my Numan collection. You will meet Paul at the London gig in February Jim, and he is coming back to my place afterwards, so maybe we could get him drunk and persuade him to part with it for a few magic beans???

Smiley xx

Replying to:

Re: Stripes or No Stripes?

the stripeless telekon is a proof pressing and should have a white label. hope this helps.

Replying to:

Smiley xx

Replying to:

Re: Re: Stripes or No Stripes?

yep !!! the album is a white label..thanks

paul s

Replying to:

the stripeless telekon is a proof pressing and should have a white label. hope this helps.

Replying to:

Smiley xx

Replying to: