Return to Website

Genevieve Message Page

Please say "hi" and share your thoughts with other visitors to the "Genevieve" site. Your comments and questions about "Genevieve," the London-to-Brighton Run and this web site are welcome and will be acknowledged and answered!

Genevieve Message Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Genev ieveTrumpet Solo

HI,the trumpet solo,I am 99% sure, is by JOE BRYAN, of Marine Parade Brighton. Not sure of exact address,its next to DORA BRYANs. (Hes my uncles Brother) Also in the film in the background are my late mother & father Pat Sohn & Maurice Sohn,owners with his brother Jack of the Hotel Montpelier,Montpelier rd Brighton-sadly long gone.A fair bet is the crew would have stayed/drank there. From the look of it, Joe is the guy handing the actress his trumpet. I know he kept loads of tapes from his jazz club in London. Hope this helps.

Re: Re: Genev ieveTrumpet Solo

Hi! Mark
Thanks for the info, it has been driving me crazy for years, everyone 'knows' it but no one has been able to tell me the title.
Saw the film again on TV this weekend, it is still as good as ever, pity they don't make them like that any more - ssssh I'm showing my age.
Nice to hear the background.