Return to Website

Genevieve Message Page

Please say "hi" and share your thoughts with other visitors to the "Genevieve" site. Your comments and questions about "Genevieve," the London-to-Brighton Run and this web site are welcome and will be acknowledged and answered!

Genevieve Message Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: What's your Favorite scene?

Hi everyone,

My favourite scene...would probably have to be the crash sequence, where Genevieve crashes into the car that's towing it - and the subsequent scene outside the filling station/garage in which all the characters start talking across each other and their anger eventually focuses on the guy who's been trying to do them a favour by towing them! I also like the dinner scene in Brighton where - to everyone's great surprise - Rosalind plays the trumpet so well.

Alan T

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

David Rawsthorne suggests in an earlier message that an informal poll be conducted here - "What's your Favorite scene?"

David kicked things off by stating, "I love the bit where Geoffrey Keen as the Motorbike Policeman recites the list of misdemeanours but then proceeds to let them off - in case they thought he wasn't being fair. Priceless !!"

I had never thought in terms of a favorite scene, but in mere seconds, I realized that I *do* have a favorite scene:

It's the scene where Alan is captured in conversation by the old gent (Arthur Wontner) and decides he'd rather lose the race - and Genevieve - than be rude to Genevieve's admirer. It's a great moment that defines Alan's character and lets the viewer know why Wendy married him in the first place.

Anyone else care to offer a favorite?

Don