Return to Website

Genevieve Message Page

Please say "hi" and share your thoughts with other visitors to the "Genevieve" site. Your comments and questions about "Genevieve," the London-to-Brighton Run and this web site are welcome and will be acknowledged and answered!

Genevieve Message Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: New location!

Just to keep you informed...I've taken the pictures and as soon as they're developed I'll send them. Unfortunatley I don't have a digital camera!

There are actually two identifiable locations that I've found, both on the same stretch of road. The road is used a few times in the film and any plans by the veteran car rally to visit the locations should definitley include this road in the route!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Remarkable!

Less than two weeks since I decided to add a forum page, and new and fascinating information is cropping up already. Phil, I leave it to you and Alan to verify the location, but it's interesting to note that additional discoveries may actually re-route the veteran car rally planned in 2002 that will tour filming sites. I must get in touch with those folks to let them know that the search goes on.

This morning, I added some interesting information to the "hidden" forum page, which turns out to be a great spot for materials that don't really fit neatly elsewhere on the Genevieve site. Have a look. (For those who do not know of this page, its address appears elsewhere in the forum).

Thanks - and I shall be waiting to read Alan's response to the "new" location here!

Don

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello!

Enthused by Alan Trevennor's work on this website I've set out to find some more locations. I'm pleased to say I have!

It's the scene where Ambrose is stopped by an expectant father and has to make a detour to the midwife. I've located where he turns into a track towards a parked gypsy caravan. Genevieve then goes straight passed up a hill. When I watched the film I was sure I recognised the location so today I made it my mission to see for certain! At first I wasn't 100% sure as it's extremley overgrown now in places but now I'm convinced. I will take pictures and send them to this site as soon as I can.

Phil