Return to Website

Genevieve Message Page

Please say "hi" and share your thoughts with other visitors to the "Genevieve" site. Your comments and questions about "Genevieve," the London-to-Brighton Run and this web site are welcome and will be acknowledged and answered!

Genevieve Message Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Sceptics

Do you know, I actually gave some thought to which spelling I should use as I was adding that caption?

It is, in fact, one of my favourite stills from a film credited as having "colour by Technicolor."

Of course, the subtle perils of spelling differences between the US and the UK are nothing when compared to the differences in automotive nomenclature, which could conceivably throw a real monkey wrench... sorry, "spanner"... into the works.

But as Wendy would consider herself "sceptical" - I've made the change!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Don

Loved the picture gallery.

One tiny request.

Please can you spell Skeptical the English / British Way -sceptical.

It is after all a British Film.

Hopefully the stills of the childrens ice cream incident may make a positive location fix possible.

David

Writing From America

Re: Sceptics

Hi Don

Thanks for that.

Some very sad news Im sorry to report. The passing away has just been announced of Larry Adler - the harmonica player.

www.bbc.co.uk has the news

Regards

David

Replying to:

Do you know, I actually gave some thought to which spelling I should use as I was adding that caption?

It is, in fact, one of my favourite stills from a film credited as having "colour by Technicolor."

Of course, the subtle perils of spelling differences between the US and the UK are nothing when compared to the differences in automotive nomenclature, which could conceivably throw a real monkey wrench... sorry, "spanner"... into the works.

But as Wendy would consider herself "sceptical" - I've made the change!

Replying to:

Hi Don

Loved the picture gallery.

One tiny request.

Please can you spell Skeptical the English / British Way -sceptical.

It is after all a British Film.

Hopefully the stills of the childrens ice cream incident may make a positive location fix possible.

David