Return to Website

Genevieve Message Page

Please say "hi" and share your thoughts with other visitors to the "Genevieve" site. Your comments and questions about "Genevieve," the London-to-Brighton Run and this web site are welcome and will be acknowledged and answered!

Genevieve Message Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Digitally Remastered DVD

Carlton will launch the Digitally remastered DVD of Genevieve on the 29th of October. Costs a whopping £15.99.

Appears to be region 2 only.

There will be a special edition VHS video released on the same day.

Hope I can get a copy from an online etailer for a bit less money

Writing From London

Re: Digitally Remastered DVD

According to Carlton, the special features will include a 25 minute documentary called 'A Profile of Genevieve,' which contains interviews with Dinah Sheridan and cinematographer Chris Challis; a stills gallery with many behind the scenes images; and a piece on the locations (which presumably incorporates some of the brilliant detective work of Alan Trevennor which appears here on the site).

When I last heard from Carlton, they had not been able to locate the original theatrical trailer - and had not been able to clear some intriguing film footage of the beginning of the (1952) race.

Carlton was also surprised to find little in the way of theatrical poster designs; compared to many of the other Rank Films they own, there appears to be very little poster material in the vault on Genevieve.

I requested - and am hoping - that Carlton has been able to print, somewhere on the packaging - this web site's address... so let's hope they could do so!

Don

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Carlton will launch the Digitally remastered DVD of Genevieve on the 29th of October. Costs a whopping £15.99.

Writing From New York

Re: Re: Digitally Remastered DVD

Lets hope they do so. Having looked at many "enthusiast" sites (not a degoratory term I assure you) this is by far and away the best. It is superb.

There is one other film I really enjoy and I might just launch a site modelled on this one. Imitiation is the most sincere form of flattery !!

Replying to:

According to Carlton, the special features will include a 25 minute documentary called 'A Profile of Genevieve,' which contains interviews with Dinah Sheridan and cinematographer Chris Challis; a stills gallery with many behind the scenes images; and a piece on the locations (which presumably incorporates some of the brilliant detective work of Alan Trevennor which appears here on the site).

When I last heard from Carlton, they had not been able to locate the original theatrical trailer - and had not been able to clear some intriguing film footage of the beginning of the (1952) race.

Carlton was also surprised to find little in the way of theatrical poster designs; compared to many of the other Rank Films they own, there appears to be very little poster material in the vault on Genevieve.

I requested - and am hoping - that Carlton has been able to print, somewhere on the packaging - this web site's address... so let's hope they could do so!

Don

Replying to:

Writing From London

Re: Re: Re: Digitally Remastered DVD

Carlton have put back the release date of the Special Edition DVD to 12th November 2001

Replying to:

Lets hope they do so. Having looked at many "enthusiast" sites (not a degoratory term I assure you) this is by far and away the best. It is superb.

There is one other film I really enjoy and I might just launch a site modelled on this one. Imitiation is the most sincere form of flattery !!

Replying to:

Don

Replying to:

Writing From London

Re: Re: Re: Re: Digitally Remastered DVD

Region 2 Genevieve Special Edition DVD

The cheapest I can find so far is £11.99 (including delivery) from www.play247.com

They are waiting for stock to come in but Ive placed my order in anticipation

Replying to:

Carlton have put back the release date of the Special Edition DVD to 12th November 2001

Replying to:

Replying to:

Don

Replying to:

Writing From London