Return to Website

Genevieve Message Page

Please say "hi" and share your thoughts with other visitors to the "Genevieve" site. Your comments and questions about "Genevieve," the London-to-Brighton Run and this web site are welcome and will be acknowledged and answered!

Genevieve Message Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: The Red Sports Car

Thanks Don for the quick answer. Sorry to bother you further, I should have added "And what was the year of the car?", that is, the Allard.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks to the truly impossible trivia quiz created by the Mid East Division of the Veteran Car Club for their "Genevieve 50 Years On" rally last July, I happen to have the answers right at my fingertips. It's a red Allard, driven by "J.C. Callahan," who was played by Reginald Beckwith (1908 - 1965), a "chubby British character actor whose high voice and impeccable timing were a constant delight. Beckwith also wrote a number of successful plays like "Boys in Brown" and "A Soldier for Christmas," as well as appearing in many films," according the the Mid East Division's "Genevieve 50 Years on Road Book."

Replying to:

Hi There. Congratulations on a great site. It adds to the enjoyment of the film. After reading your pages I went back and watch the movie again looking for the things you mentioned. I have a question about my favorite scene. Who played the driver of his wives new car? Is the car an Allard or a Skipworthy Special? Thanks for any help.

Writing From British Columbia

Re: Re: Re: The Red Sports Car

After seeing the film on original release I have wondered for years about the make/model of the red sports car - obviously powerful judging by the way it snaked the rear end when driven off furiously. So decades later, discovering the web site, it seemed a good question to ask - delighted to find it already answered. Who knows the engine size and power? Perhaps a link to Allard is needed?

Replying to:

Thanks Don for the quick answer. Sorry to bother you further, I should have added "And what was the year of the car?", that is, the Allard.

Replying to:

Thanks to the truly impossible trivia quiz created by the Mid East Division of the Veteran Car Club for their "Genevieve 50 Years On" rally last July, I happen to have the answers right at my fingertips. It's a red Allard, driven by "J.C. Callahan," who was played by Reginald Beckwith (1908 - 1965), a "chubby British character actor whose high voice and impeccable timing were a constant delight. Beckwith also wrote a number of successful plays like "Boys in Brown" and "A Soldier for Christmas," as well as appearing in many films," according the the Mid East Division's "Genevieve 50 Years on Road Book."

Replying to:

Hi There. Congratulations on a great site. It adds to the enjoyment of the film. After reading your pages I went back and watch the movie again looking for the things you mentioned. I have a question about my favorite scene. Who played the driver of his wives new car? Is the car an Allard or a Skipworthy Special? Thanks for any help.

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Red Sports Car

In reply to the question of the red sports car, it is a c1950 Allard model K, the 2 seater model, powered by a 3.6 litre Ford V8 motor. Allard were made up until 1960, the most desirable being the model J sports car powered by a Cadillac V8. Greet website. I have further information concerning the reunion held in Perth recently to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Genevieve Race which was run between Perth and Albany in November 1992. Please email me if you would like more info. Regards, John.

Replying to:

After seeing the film on original release I have wondered for years about the make/model of the red sports car - obviously powerful judging by the way it snaked the rear end when driven off furiously. So decades later, discovering the web site, it seemed a good question to ask - delighted to find it already answered. Who knows the engine size and power? Perhaps a link to Allard is needed?

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Writing From Western Australia