Return to Website

Genevieve Message Page

Please say "hi" and share your thoughts with other visitors to the "Genevieve" site. Your comments and questions about "Genevieve," the London-to-Brighton Run and this web site are welcome and will be acknowledged and answered!

Genevieve Message Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goofs

Saturday night, played DVD of recent multi-millionaire dollar James Bond movie - turned it off, bored! Sunday put on 'Genevieve' superb! Reduced to tears at the Arthur Wontner scene, yes I have seen it many times, and am old enough to have seen it on it's original release. Your site excellent, although the more I see the film the more goofs I see though. For instance when Kay Kendall takes the trumpet from Michael Balfour, one second he's got hold of the trumpet then he hasn't, then he has. Also later on when Kenneth More is drinking outside the pub, location has him drinking very dark beer from a big glass, next shot(studio)much lighter beer and different glass. And it is wonderful to see, when they are starting their journey the indecisive woman in the background, who realises they are making a film. Still a wonderful film, oh by the way has anybody explained why there is a fire engine's bell heard in the scene when the McKim's are going to bed (near the beginning).

Writing From Liversedge, West Yorkshire

Re: Goofs

To 'Goofs" add: John Gregson's thumb over the crankhandle when starting Genevieve, the Spyker was a 1905 model and not eligible to run in the London-to-Brighton, the lack of petrol flooding out of the carburettor when Ambrose stole the top of the float chamber and many more too numerous for this forum. But, hey, what a film.

Writing From Australia