Return to Website

Genevieve Message Page

Please say "hi" and share your thoughts with other visitors to the "Genevieve" site. Your comments and questions about "Genevieve," the London-to-Brighton Run and this web site are welcome and will be acknowledged and answered!

Genevieve Message Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: US DVD

Thank you for giving me the information. Do you know how I can find out if I have a multiple region player?

Siobhan

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Amazon.com dont stock it but amazon.co.uk have a Region 2 ( Europe) dvd. I believe you can play this in the US providing you have a multi region player (not region 1)

Replying to:

I am looking for a dvd copy of Genevieve in USA. Does anyone know if the film is available in the US? Please e-mail me if you know where I could get a copy.

Thank you

Re: Re: Re: US DVD

I have to confess I am not sure.

When a dvd player is distributed the importer or the distributor sets up the machine as to which region the machine will be "residing in" - this permanentely (I believe) sets a chip inside the machine.

The retailer you bought it from will be able to tell you what their machines are set up as.

I think some hi fi / electronics shops are able to chnage the machines coding to multi region for a small fee.

Replying to:

Thank you for giving me the information. Do you know how I can find out if I have a multiple region player?

Siobhan

Replying to:

Amazon.com dont stock it but amazon.co.uk have a Region 2 ( Europe) dvd. I believe you can play this in the US providing you have a multi region player (not region 1)

Replying to:

I am looking for a dvd copy of Genevieve in USA. Does anyone know if the film is available in the US? Please e-mail me if you know where I could get a copy.

Thank you

Writing From London