Return to Website

GeoSite's Feedback Page

This net page would not be possible to create without the assistance from hundreds of helpers all over the World. If you have information you would like to share with me, question or simply want to ask a question, please post it here. Thank you!

Forum: GeoSite's Feedback Page
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Brezovica Enclave

I was in Slovenia last month and, of course, visited the Brezovica enclave. Your maps and pictures are fine. I parked the car and then walked across the small exclave of Croatia. No one was around to talk to. But I noticed that the car parked in the large house that sits in the center of the exclave had Slovenian plates. I guess no one pays attention to who owns this piece of land.

My question to you is: How did this exclave of Croatia come about? Did the Croats and the Slovenians use different measuring tools? Did they have too much to drink the morning of the measuring? The border between the two countries is as crazy as can be. Perhaps following small streams? Still, it's hard to imagine how a triangular piece of land in Slovenia is claimed by Croatia.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com