Welcome to Rushlight
The Belfast Magazine's
Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Beechmount

Geraldine I'm in bray what's the girls name I might know her,

I was reading through rushlight and came across this forum. my father lived at 15 clowney street and was named Tom Mulholland. i have researched his history and discovered that Clowney street was built around 1902

Anyone know where or what happened to Dessie Cunningham who lived in Beechmount Cresent?

Des is my cousin i think he's somwhere in england i will find out and ley you know.

Thanks Brian, Always wondered how he got on. He would have known me as Junior who lived in number 42 with my aunt.

Des lives on the Ormeau Rd in Belfast.

Marvellous how the internet was able to help put Hugh in the right direction Brian.

Thanks for getting in touch. My friends name is Marie McCarthy (nee Thomas) she's approx 62 years old, her husbands is Pat he was on radio as far as I can remember. She's originally from Belfast. We actually lived in Bray ourselves for a while in Loretto Ave many years ago. Thanks, any news is good news.

Geraldine. Do you have a brother Paddy Fay. He used to help take weight lifting classes with Eddie Finnegan in Beechmount leisure centre?

Tony
Geraldine. Do you have a brother or husband Paddy Fay? He used to help take weight lifting classes with Eddie Finnegan in Beechmount leisure centre.

No relation to us. Also Marie lived in Greystones, near Bray.

Sad to see no recognition of the old Clowney Bridge where the Sunday night open air traditional music sessions took place, many a couple met there and later married.