Welcome to Rushlight
The Belfast Magazine's
Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
belfast pasties

hi has anyone got a recipe for the pasties we got in the chip shops would love to hear from you if u have thanks

Re: belfast pasties

Get a dollip of the cheapest fatty mince you can buy, , dip it in paste and clod it into a deep fat frier ..Bob's yer uncle and Fanny's yer aunt.

Pastie Supper Ingredients

1lb. Ground Beef [mince]
1 cup Bread Crumbs
1 Teaspoonful Salt
1/2 Teaspoonful Pepper
2 Teaspoonful Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Cup Cold Water
1 teaspoon Accent spice
1 teaspoon Coriander
half teaspoon Nutmeg
3 Medium Size Potatoes (Boiled,mashed and cooled).

Method
Mix all of the above ingredients and add
1 Dash Parsley Flakes
1 Medium Size Onion [Diced and sautéed]

Batter
I/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Teaspoonful Salt
1/2 Cup of Milk
1 Egg
Mix the above to a thick paste. Form the pastie mix into approx 3 inch diameter patties. Dip into batter and cover all over.
Deep fry in 190 deg.C/375F Oil.
Serve with chips (French Fries) cooked in same oil.

Yes... but do you know how to make a Republican Belfast Pastie

no but can u tell me

Stick a wee tricolour in it and whistle Erin Go Bragh

thanks for the tip would try that only i can not whistle do u think it would work if i sing

thanks everone for the recipe will try out

not the pasties but i remember you and i dont know why

can,tsay the name rings a bell. in the mid50s i went to all the local dances. gigjohn dossers. hibs.plaza.vesta. ring any bells?name some people u know if u were around at that time

Ardoyne Loyalist.

That recipe is out of a book, but I'm sure Violet, the 1950s weeny bopper appreciated it, but, to put all those ingredients in whilst running a chippy, they would be getting sold at about £4-50 each.
The Chippy way is, As much fatty meat you can get, Mashed spuds, Batter, sprinkle of pepper and Bobs your uncle, £1.10.

Whats your wee chippy in Glenbryn charge for a pastie?, without the wee City Hall Flag of course, that would be indigestible.
I would say Dolly is on the ball for a great chippy pastie.

agus Adh Mhor Ort in 2013.

thanks for all that info. do'ntwantto think at the moment getting over a hangover. try to make sense of it later. happy new year

went to them all but never danced

maybe u fancied me from afar.lol.did u know margaret heggarty or kay mcgivern.they were my mates. fellas i went out with jerry ward. joe miln.{nicknamed buddy holly. barny wilson had a notion of me. know any of them?.the only mc cartney comes to mind was a fella from the market but i did'nt know him just remember him for some reason.

you just gave me the answer jerry ward rip was my mate

that were the connection is. i remember u now.i also remember gerry conway he was a good mate. i also chumed with fra wards wife maree mc garry. always catchup when i go home. well its a small world.

Thanks to the poster of the recipe above. Tried it out at the weekend and they turned out lovely. (Didn't even burn the kip down with the hot oil!!)

i am probably the only one left maybe because ilive in oz

where aboutsin oz do u live. i live in adelaide

bundaberg qld

i seen u on fb.i remember u. it was the name that put me of. im under violet muldoon on fb look me up and see if u remember me. couple of old photos on there.

looking well

looking well ur self. do u go home much

about five times in fourty years by the way i know marie and fra very well

I'm going home in march. have been home about 8 times in 42 yrs.always catch up with marie and fra. will tell them u said hello.
like r selfs times catching up with them.marie has put a bit of weight on but still looks good for her age.

itsjustmacker
Ardoyne Loyalist.

That recipe is out of a book, but I'm sure Violet, the 1950s weeny bopper appreciated it, but, to put all those ingredients in whilst running a chippy, they would be getting sold at about £4-50 each.
The Chippy way is, As much fatty meat you can get, Mashed spuds, Batter, sprinkle of pepper and Bobs your uncle, £1.10.

Whats your wee chippy in Glenbryn charge for a pastie?, without the wee City Hall Flag of course, that would be indigestible.
I would say Dolly is on the ball for a great chippy pastie.

agus Adh Mhor Ort in 2013.

and your point is ?