Welcome to Rushlight
The Belfast Magazine's
Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Donald Mackel

It's with deep sorrow that I bear bad news to those who may have known him. He passed away in the early hours of wednesday morning. His wife phoned us early this morning He was originally from the whiterock and his family is well known.He was married to my wife's sister. I'm sure a lot of readers knew of him, he will be buried on Saturday. He will be sadly missed by his loved ones. May he "rest in peace".

Re: Donald Mackel

r
Rusty: I Haven't been on the Rushlight for a while: I was very sad to hear about Donal.We were very good friends with the mackels. They lived at the bottom of our street, Brittons Drive. I especially liked Donal and one of his sisters. In fact I ran into Donal about five years ago in one of the neighbourhoods in Belfast and to my surprise he remembered me. We had a nice chat and that was the last time I saw him. I had no idea he was married to your sister. Please give her my condolences, and Iwill say a little prayer for him. R.I.P. Donal. My condolences to the Mackel family too.

Hi Margaret,
It really is a small world. Donald was married to my wife's sister called Kathleen McCullough.He was a real nice guy,I liked him a lot. she has a brother called John McCullough who lives in Andytown. Joe Graham knows him well. I was home last year and perhaps will go sooon again because my twin is not too well.So I'll be taking a trip to london to see him. When I'm holding off for now. Hope you are well and safe from those earthquakes you get from time to time in California.They know how to shake rattle and roll over there

donal and i were friends from we were ten years of age. we had some great times in the whitterock and westrock, on the mountain and hundreds of other places. those were the days!

Rusty:
I've been on holiday for the last few weeks and just got back Sunday night.I am so sorry to hear your twin brother isn't doing well. I will say a little prayer for him. I've been under the weather myself since March of this year but happy to say I'm doing fantastic now. The man upstairs is watching over me. Hope all is well with the rest of your family. The earthquakes haven't bothered us up here in Vacaville, but, if San Franciso has another one like in '89 we will have to run for cover becauses we only live 65miles away.

RE Donal Mackel

Again I'm the bearer of bad news. My twin brother died in west sussexs on wednesday morning.I was over seeing him in hospital for a couple of weeks. I was pleasantly surprized to see him so perky. My sweetheart of a niece put us on face book sparring with each other. I'll have to see if I can find that.I'll be going back again this week for the funeral. May he R.I.P.

Re: RE Donal Mackel

Rusty...I have not been checking Rushlight for a coupla weeks myself...been battling the "flu". I am very sorry to hear of your double loss. Please accept my sincere condolences.

So sorry to hear of your loss Rusty, but thought it was special of you getting to visit your twin brother recently, keep your chin up ,Best wishes .

Hello Rusty,
I wish to express my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.How fortunate that you were able to spend some time with him beforehand. It's good that you are going to the funeral to say your goodbye. God Bless

Dear Rusty:I'm so sorry to hear of your twin brother's death. My condolences to you and your family. I will say a prayer for him. What a loss!