Welcome to Rushlight
The Belfast Magazine's
Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Darby O'Gill

This is probably an old one but need to know what street Albert Sharpe lived in.....Nansen St ????

Re: Darby O'Gill

2 Iveagh Crescent

Thanks for exact location!!

You're welcome Clon

The very mention of Darby O'Gill brings back great memories of my childhood and Saturday afternoons spent in the Clonard cinema where the film "Darby O'Gill and the little people" was a very regular feature.It was a smashing film,I can remember it to this very day.
Every Saturday at the Clonard the manager would announce over the loudspeaker what film was on the following Saturday and when it was announced that "DARBY" was on the following Saturday (for the umpteenth time),the whole place erupted in loud cheering and even louder stamping of feet,it was deafening.
Brilliant memories.

was talking to his grandson half hour ago

loved the film but when i was younger banshee scared me

A great movie , the cavern scared the hell out of me a child .

A great old actor and let us not forget that other equally great actor and Falls man, J.G. Devlin.

And don't forget either that great old time actress Elizabeth Begley who lived at St. James's opposite the Giants Foot.

Then there was old Joe Tumelty who appeared in many films and lived at Stockmans Lane, his daughter appeared in "The Field", and was once married to 'Sting', Joe has another daughter, Roma, who has a lot to do with cultures and that