Welcome to Rushlight
The Belfast Magazine's
Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
St Patrick's Day

Are any readers living in Leeds? I've just passed a lovely day surrounded by the Irish. Leeds' Irish have a great parade in the morning followed by a great music festival in Millennium Square. This year one of the groups playing and singing were "Beware of the Pig". They were absolutely fantastic and hopefully will be back next year.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.

Re: St Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day Nell... and to all

Sure it's a great Day... so good in fact that we have two St. Patrick's Days this year ..yesterday and today Happy St Pat's DAYS everyone.

Happy St. Patrick's day to everyone. It was a lovely sunny day for the big parade here, but very nippy @ -10. I missed you at the parade this year Nell. Hope your happy in Leeds. I bet you miss the G.A.A. over here. What can I say. That's life. people move around. Have a good one. I'll be celebrating tonight.

Hi Nell, I got your St. Patrick's day video card and thanks a lot for same. It was real cute all those dancing puppets doing the riverdance. Fantastic. hope you and your loved ones are well.

I know it's a bit late now but I received this joke from a good friend and thought to share it with you all. I still look forward to your jokes though, Joker. I am pleased you enjoyed the card, Rusty.

Irish Priest Transferred to The Prairies ...

Father O'Malley rose from his bed one morning. It was a fine spring day in his new Canadian parish.

He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside. He then noticed there was . . . a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn. He promptly called the local police station.

The conversation went like this:

"Good morning. This is Constable Jones. How might I help you?"

"And the best of the day te yerself. This is Father O'Malley at St. Ann's Catholic Church. There's a jackass lying dead in me front lawn and would ye be so kind as to send a couple o'yer lads to take care of the matter?"

Constable Jones, considering himself to be quite a wit and recognizing the Irish accent, thought he would have a little fun with the good father, replied, "Well now, Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!" There was dead silence on the line for a moment . . .

Father O'Malley then replied: "Aye, 'tis certainly true; but we are also obliged to notify the next of kin first, which is the reason for me call."

lol very good Nell...@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Yes, indeed, Joe that was a good one. That beats all the corny ones I told her in the past. Good for the absolute lousy weather we're getting over here. It poured rained cats and dogs all night. (I was wondering what all the miowing and barking was all about) during the night all night since yesterday and its still a lousy day, cold as well. A few fireside stories from you would help indeed. keep up the good work Joe, Your fans are many.