Return to Website

Sombero Brothers Forum

Welcome to the Sombrero Brothers Forum hosted by Christopher Laro.  Here we will discuss weight training, fitness, nutrition and supplements.  Christopher may be reached via email at:

christopher@sombero-brothers.com.

Sombero Brothers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ADVICE FROM THE IRON WOLF DEN!

FREE ADVICE FROM TH' IRON WOLF DEN!
(see his e-book 'Bi-polar, 40 & Fitness' for full descriptions of supplements)

Wolf Laro here! In this installment of TH' IRON WOLF DEN, I'd like to briefly offer some tips on supplementation. There seems to be a helluva' lot of confusion out there in the gym universe about what these pills and powders may or may not actually do to the body & mind. Here's the quick skinny on supplements.

Few really work
Some are truly effective
Buyers ALWAYS beware!

First, the men featured in the muscle mags & rags are pro bodybuilders who use cycles of roids year after year for decades to construct their massive size. Forget them, roids are for droids guys - men who sacrifice their dicks for muscle! Yes, insane isn't it. Over the counter (otc) supplements WON'T MAKE YOU HUGE! For the normal joe like us (men over 40 who train vicious!) we MUST supplement in order to recover properly. By recover I refer to feeding the muscles we tear down during an intense workout session AND adding new fuel when the tank is empty. The best kind of powders & pills are those many brands that properly include the ingredients you as an individual require. Products that actually DO something extra to pump up your training methods.

REMEMBER: If you do NOT train viciously on a reg basis, no matter what supplements you ingest, your body shall not change. Powders & pills don't mean PROGRESS.

Most supplements advertized in muscle and fitness books are what I call 'Vanity powder.' Those brands promote mass to attract consumers never admitting that their spokesmen for their products are roided out droids who don't seven use the stuff. Never let the PR get you to buy anything. Try them all if you if you wish and see what works and what doesn't. To repeat guys: if you don't alter the way you train, forget about growth of any kind. You'll just be sweating thru another average routine. Here's my fast list of some supps that really do increase focus and intensity on the gym floor that translate into REAL CHANGE.

* SP250

* Glutamine

* Amino acids

* Whey protein

* N.O.

This is a basic otc cocktail that truly impacts the body during heavy training. SP 250 (brand to remain unamed here for legal reasons but look it up at any sports store) is a powder w/ a hefty dose of N.O. (nitric oxide) as well as other ingredients like glutamine amino acid etc. This is the best otc product on the market today because it gives you a 'rolling strength' over time, i.e. longer your workout the more energy and focus you'll have every fifteen mins or so. A powder like this should be the basis for your pre-workout intake as you must ingest it prior to training and during your entire workout regime.

The rest of my list including the muscle recovery amino acid Glutamine and the other 21 aminos are essential for building lean muscle mass. Research them all and buy the pills! Whey protein is a fatless powder in various flavors (relatively inexpensive) that gives you a healthy level of protein for pre and post training sessions. And the ultimate power blast for the 21st Century is of course Nitric Oxide or rocket fuel!

N.O. comes in many forms (pills and powders) and is manufactured by a few companies you should check out on your own. The basic function of any n.o. product is to enhance your 1) mental focus, 2) overall energy output) 3) TRAINING INTENT 4) oxygen intake. Bottom-line little wolf pups is this: the stuff just works! You can research the ingredients in any of these suggestions listed here in the Iron Wolf Den but I don't really think these companies ever tell us what they put in their products. For all I know, they're adding horse stimulants or bovine roids of some kind who the hell knows. One thing I do understand: these supps are NOT steroids and do NOT shut down your natural hormonal system from functioning properly.

All for now. Please e-mail w/ questions and I'll answer them promptly. Till next time fellas, HOWWWWWLLL!!

Chris Laro
Christopher@sombrero-brothers.com