Return to Website

Sombero Brothers Forum

Welcome to the Sombrero Brothers Forum hosted by Christopher Laro.  Here we will discuss weight training, fitness, nutrition and supplements.  Christopher may be reached via email at:

christopher@sombero-brothers.com.

Sombero Brothers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SPOOKTACULAR CHARITY EVENT/BOYS& GIRLS CLUB

WELCOME TO THE BETTER BODIES 'REP FOR CHARITY' BENCH PRESS EVENT FOR THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF RUTLAND!

The idea behind the 'online custom shirt' companyGRAVEYARD GYM WEAR is the brainchild of Christopher Laro, youth mentor, special needs counselor, /author & strength/fitness coach in Rutland, Vermont. His website www.sombrero-brothers.com began as an e-book fitness site dedicated to over 40 power lifting. It's now become something more vital to the Youth community:

A custom shirt cyber store designed by Rutland's Youth!

"I started the fitness site to reach out to over 40's who wanted to read about positive ways to enhance a boring work out by following the routine and supplement regiment set down in my e-book, 'Over 40 & Fitness," Laro says. As the site slowly grew, Laro decided to create custom sports wear on the popular Cafepress where athletes and peole who just like cool graphic images on clothes can buy his one of kind designs. One of his most popular T-shirts for YOUTH was the positive saying:

"The only worthy opponent is Myself...everybody else is just practice!" and,

others he's written. "Part of today's power lifting tutorial on how to bench press and train effectively in the gym is an introduction to youth about the benefits of weight training," Laro goes on to say. "I'm going to be reading the sayings created by Rutland youth and award the winning sayings with FREE black shirts and that saying being put onto T-shirts at my site. The goal for 'Graveyard Gym Wear' is to allow youth into graphic art and writing to be part of a growing internet destination THEY can add to, with some of the profits donated to the Boys & Girls Club on a regular basis. I think today's youth MUST have legitimate ways to express positive views & ideas NOT based on video games, horror movies, violence and drugs & alcohol.'

The gym is a metaphor for a good life - small incremental change over time until goals are reached," Laro suggests. "Like having a big bench press, it takes alot of time and effort, failure and aches and pains until that day arrives when you've finally pressed the amount of weight you always desired. Life is earned in every way right. Just like power training, nothin' comes easy without sacrifice and some pain. In the end, you're competing with yourself. If you want to succeed in life, compete with yourself ONLY. Beating others is NOT the point or a reason to win at anything. As the old saying goes, 'Conquer yourself and you conquer the world!'

For more information of Chris Laro's website www.sombrero-brothers.com and GRAVEYARD GYM WEAR e-mail him personally at christopher_laro@yahoo.com for info on how to get involved in the company, where to submit positive youth/fitness sayings and donations to the Boys & Girls Club of Rutland.

THANK YOU!
christopher_laro@yahoo.com