Aboutjoints Discussion Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

This forum is maintained and moderated by Debi Ross, Orthopedic Web Coordinator (dross2@jhmi.edu). Please contact this individual if you want changes made to an existing post. changed.

For previous posts, please visit previous message boardYOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ON THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE BOARD. Any post should be posted below.

Aboutjoints Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What to do when I can't get my replaced failed knee replaced?

I have a nine year old titanium left knee replacement gone very bad. I also have multiple extenuating health problems such as Mrsa. My orthopedist refuses to revise or replace my left knee, and my right knee also disqualifies for much needed replacement due to obesity and severe osteoarthritis plus valgus deformity. So, now what happens to the left knee? It's dislocated and a spacer is missing. It is totally unstable, but I still walk on it. The ligaments are totally warn and loose. Chances of serious falls are in my future if I continue walking on it. I use a cane and a mobility chair plus walking. I do waterwalking 3X a week but I don't see much improvement in either knee. Please help me.