Return to Website

True Grace Ministries Message Board

When posting messages on this board, please keep the following in mind:

1. Respect each person's difference in religious beliefs, including the differences in doctrine, style and personality.

2. Only speak in edifying ways in regards to others.

Visit the True Grace Ministries Website

True Grace Ministries Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY ?

One day, all men will give an account of themselves to God. Why not settle the question of your salvation today?

"For the wages of sin is death; but the GIFT of God is ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:23). Do we receive a gift and then try to work for it to keep it?

My Gospel

I Cor. 15:1-4 1 " Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

Top Ten Ways to go to Heaven?

Many think that there are different ways to go to heaven. The following are ten ways that many believe will lead to heaven:

1. Believe in God.
2. Get water baptized.
3. Do the best you can.
4. Join a church.
5. Quit all your bad habits.
6. Start lots of good habits.
7. Live by the Golden Rule.
8. Make Christ the Lord of your life.
9. Ask Christ into your heart.
10. Confess your sins and turn from them.

The truth is that you could do all of the ten items listed and still go to hell instead of heaven. There are not different ways to heaven but only one.

What is the one way to heaven?

You must recognize that you are a sinner and trust only in the blood that the Lord Jesus Christ shed for your sins on the cross.

Because you are a sinner, there is nothing that you can do to please God. That is why the ten ways listed above will take you to hell instead of heaven: they are things that you do, and your works cannot earn you a trip to heaven.

To get to heaven, you need to stop trusting your own works and instead trust what Christ did for you on the cross.

Salvation is nothing more than your faith in what Christ did to pay for your sins.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (1Corinthians 15:3,4)

You must settle the matter for all of eternity. Put your faith in Christ's payment for your sins and be saved today.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved. (Acts 16:31).

1 Corinthians 1:30

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Mark well that the Body of Christ has a total forgiveness of sins because our fellowship is not based on law, but grace. Hence, we have fellowship based on the fact that God is faithful. It is not based on us doing anything. We do not have to be good Christians, we do not have to bear fruit etc. because my relationship with God is not based on me. It is based on the fact that GOD did, and that He is faithful to what He already has accomplished. Furthermore, once I believe the Gospel, I am instantly placed into an unbreakable fellowship with Him. A fellowship that is based on the fact that He (Not I), is faithful. According to verse 30 above, I then am found to be "In Christ", hence, Jesus Christ is my "wisdom', "righteousness", "sanctification", and "redemption". This, my friends, is a reality the minute you believe. This is why we are no longer under the law.

Romans 3:31

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish (bear out) the law.

By the fact that Jesus Christ kept it (the law) perfectly, and I'm "in Christ" we establish the law. Once more this had nothing to do with me, but everything to do with the finished work of Jesus. Therefore, the law has no dominion over me because Jesus kept it perfectly and I'm in Him!

Romans 6:14 where the Apostle Paul tells me I am not under law but under grace.

Not Of Works Lest Any Man Should Boast.

Since salvation is through faith and faith alone, then, "NO," works are not part of salvation at all.

The word "GRACE" takes care of this question. Grace is receiving something you don't deserve and cannot earn, and Ephesians 2:8,9 says salvation is by grace. Therefore you cannot do a work to deserve it, nor earn it. That is why Ephesians 2:8,9 says salvation is a "GIFT," and the means of receiving this gift is "FAITH" - believing in Jesus Christ as your Savior.

Romans 11:6 is a tough verse to read, but simple to understand. It basically says that salvation is either by grace or by works, but it cannot be by a mixture of both grace and works.

Read carefully Romans, and you will see that if a person chooses to work for salvation, he will not be saved. But if a person gives up thinking his works can save him and only trusts in Jesus Christ, god will save him.

As we've said, Romans 11:6 says that salvation cannot be a mixture of grace and works. It must be one or the other, and Ephesians 2:8,9 spells it out plainly for us:

"FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH; AND THAT NOT OF YOURSELVES: IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD: NOT OF WORKS LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST."

Yet many who believe that their works are a necessary part of their salvation quote James 2:20 "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD," as a defense for their belief. I've often wondered how they rationalize this contradiction in their minds. they compare two passages of Scripture that seem to say the opposite of each other, as a way of proving a point. But it proves nothing. It's just a way of using Scripture to confuse people into thinking they have a point. However, God is not the author of confusion, nor does scripture contradict itself.

In James 1:1, we are told clearly to whom James is writing:

"THE TWELVE TRIBES (OF ISRAEL) WHICH ARE SCATTERED ABROAD."

You will eventually face God. It will not matter what any church taught, what any pastor said, or what you think (unless it agrees with God's word, the Bible). It will only matter what God said.

Christ died – that's history
Christ died for me – that’s salvation

At the point of salvation the believer is blessed with every spiritual blessing, the challenge then is to make use of our perfect provision and to do so consistently better today than we had yesterday. For the believer, the very 'armor of God' is standard issue, the question is then is it our daily wear, or is it collecting dust somewhere in our wardrobe?

"We have... the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace" (Eph. 1:7).

The climax of Paul’s first recorded sermon is reached in
Verses 38 and 39 of Acts 13, where he declares:

"Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this Man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

"And by Him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses."

Thus God, through Christ, forgives and justifies those
who believe. Nor is this all that was accomplished for us by
the death of Christ at Calvary. There is also reconciliation,
baptism by the Spirit into Christ and His Body, a position
at God’s right hand in the heavenlies and all spiritual bless-
ings there.

"The forgiveness of sins" must come first, however, and
the above passage assures us that in Christ we have this --
not barely, but "according to the riches of His grace." In-
deed, the next verse continues: "wherein He hath abounded
toward us..."

Thus Eph. 2:2-7 declares that though we were once "the
children of disobedience," and therefore "by nature the
children of wrath," "God, who is rich in mercy, for His great
love wherewith He loved us" has given us life and raised us
from the dead, exalting us to "heavenly places in Christ..."

His purpose in all this? "That in the ages to come He
might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness
toward us through Christ Jesus" (Verse 7).

When God forgives us He no longer sees us in our poor
selves, but in Christ, who took our place, dying for our sins
on Calvary’s cross. There He hung in our place that we
might now stand in His -- "complete in Him" {Col. 2:10).

For those who may still think their 'good works' have some part in their redemption (as though they could add to the life, death, burial and resurrection of the Son of God in their place), the word of God is plain and clear:

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Galatians 2:16

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
II Timothy 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, Romans 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

i Believe

1. In one triune God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit, begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin, Mary, i believe the Lord Jesus Christ to be both God and man.

2. That Jesus Christ identified himself in written form in the Holy Bible as God and that one can only believe that by choice - faith. The Bible cannot be clearly understood unless that choice is made. (1 Cor. 2:14)

3. i believe that the only gospel to be preached for man's salvation today is the Gospel of Grace which is:

I Corinthians 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith ; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works; lest any man should boast.

4. That once that choice to believe is made, the Holy Spirit indwells the believer and places him/her into the church which is HIS BODY (Eph. 1:22,23) and seals them unto the redemption of their physical bodies to the receipt of their glorified bodies with which they will live (and serve) eternally in heaven. This is called the doctrine of eternal security. (Eph. 1:13; 1 Corinthians 15:49-53)

5. i believe what the Bible teaches about religion; that God instituted only one religion - the religion of Israel - and is no longer dealing with mankind on the basis of that religion because Israel was unwilling to recognize her Messiah King, incurring God's wrath (to come) upon her during the Great Tribulation, prophesied and still to come. God has put that program aside (Rom. 11:25) and is dealing with man on the basis of a mystery plan He conceived and kept hidden in himself (before the foundation of the world) until the right time, called "due time." (1 Tim. 2:6)

6. i believe, therefore, that God has given us the Apostle Paul's epistles for our doctrine, to live by until he calls His Body out of the earth. I believe that the Bible clearly teaches a catching up or a rapture of the church (the true church) and that God's only religion (of the Jewish nation) will THEN be restored. That "kingdom come, on earth" will then be the program God will use to deal with mankind on the earth.

7. i believe in the inerrancy of the entire Bible and in God's ability to keep his promise to preserve his words (Ps. 12:6,7)

8. That while the whole Bible is written FOR us, only the Apostle Paul's epistles are written TO us - for our learning and obedience. I understand and believe that i need to study the whole of God's word in order to understand the distinctiveness of God's program and dealings with mankind, therefore knowing where to get our doctrine for today; where to find out and become a part of what God is doing today.

9. That the "commission" for the Body of Christ is to be Ambassadors of the Mystery Message of the Grace of God "reconciling us" to God, as given to the Apostle Pauland recorded in 2 Corinthians 5:17-21. I have compared, studied, learned and understand that this commission is not the same as the commission given to the twelve apostles when Christ was on the earth and that we are to be obedient to "the faith" of the message given to the Gentiles by the RISEN LORD Jesus Christ from Heaven. (Romans 15:26)

Many people think they are saved because they have been told they were saved when baptized as a baby. Then they are told it becomes sure for them as adults (at about 12 years old) when they are confirmed. Some are told they were lucky to be born into the family they came into because it is then automatic. Others believe they are saved because they "prayed the sinner's prayer," and still others because they walked an aisle at somebody's church or crusade and gave their life to Jesus. Have you noticed that in each of these examples it was doing something that someone told one to do in order to become saved?
But what does God say? Wouldn't it be best to be sure of your salvation unto eternal life by knowing what God requires? Well, man has always wanted to do things his own way because, after all, God gave man a free will. He even has free will to use his free will in his own way. But man needs to use his free will to choose to BELIEVE the Gospel because, "it is the power of God unto salvation."
In my "I BELIEVE," above, you can find which is the gospel for you to believe today. It is very, very important that you believe the right gospel. And yes, there is more than one gospel in the Bible. And there is only one gospel for the Body of Christ. Have you believed it ? Will you spend eternity with God? You will spend it somewhere. Will it be in heaven?

I believe what the Bible teaches about religion; that God instituted only one religion - the religion of Israel - and is no longer dealing with mankind on the basis of that religion because Israel was unwilling to recognize her Messiah King, incurring God's wrath (to come) upon her duringkthe Great Tribulation, prophesied and still to come. God has put that program aside (Rom. 11:25) and is dealing with man on the basis of a mystery plan He conceived and kept hidden in himself (before the foundation of the world) until the right time, called "due time." (1 Tim. 2:6)

There are five fundamentals of the faith which are essential for Christianity:

1. The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:1; John 20:28; Heb. 1:8-9), the Creator God Himself (Col. 1:16; compare Gen. 1:1); Who "laid the foundation of the earth" (Heb. 1:10-12; compare Psalms 102:24-27).

2. The Virgin Birth (Isaiah 7:14; Mt. 1:23; Luke 1:27).

3. The Blood Atonement (Acts 20:28; Ro. 3:25; Ro. 5:9; Eph. 1:7; Heb. 9:12-14)
(Please note: this refers to a belief in salvation by grace alone, through faith in the Blood of Christ alone - Ro. 3:25 states that God has set forth Jesus to be a propitiation through faith in His Blood; Ro. 5:9 states that we are justified by Christ's Blood; and Eph. 1:7 states that we have redemption through His blood - see also Acts 20:28; Heb. 9:12-14).

4. The Bodily Resurrection (Luke 24:36-46; 1 Cor. 15:1-4; 1 Cor. 15:14-15).

5. The inerrancy of the scriptures themselves (Psalms 12:6-7; Ro. 15:4; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:20).
Please note: this is NOT a reference to the "King James Only" debate; rather, this is a reference to people who claim to have revelations apart from the scriptures.

And those who disagree with any of the above doctrines are not Christians at all.

Has God Shown You What To Do?

Acts 13:38-39 – "Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses."

Acts 16:31 – "And they said, Believe on the Lord Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

Romans 4:5 – "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

Ephesians 2:8-9 – "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Many people have truly come to know Christ as Savior
after having been sincere, religious "church members" for
years. Though faithful supporters of some earthly church
organization they had never experienced the truth of II Cor.
5:17: "If any man be in Christ he is a new creation." It is
possible to be a member in good standing of some church
organization, yet be outside of the one true Church of which
the Bible speaks.

This is because the true Bible Church is not an organiza-
tion but a living organism, a spiritual body, with a living
Head and living members. Again and again St. Paul, by
divine inspiration, calls the Church, the Body of Christ. He
says: "We being many, are one Body in Christ..." (Rom.
12:5). "Ye are the Body of Christ, and members in partic-
ular" (I Cor. 12:27). "We are members of His Body" (Eph.
5:30).

How do we become members of this true Bible Church,
the Body of Christ? First, we must acknowledge ourselves
to be sinners in God’s sight, for Ephesians 2 relates how
Christ died for sinful men that He might "reconcile" them
to God "in one Body" by the cross (Ver. 16). Thus, when
believing sinners are reconciled to God by faith in Christ,
they are regenerated, given a new life, by the Spirit, and by
the Spirit are baptized into the Church, the Body of Christ.

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit" (Titus 3:5).

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body" (I Cor. 12:13).

Every one of us should ask himself: "Have I been bap-
tized by the Spirit into the Body of Christ?" If not, trust
Christ as your Savior and become a member of the one true
Bible Church. Then associate yourself with some local as-
sembly where Christ is honored and the Bible taught,
"rightly divided."

The Bible says:

" ...man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the LORD." Deuteronomy 8:3

" Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not." Proverbs 8:33

" ...the just shall live by faith." Habbakuk 2:4

" Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that you may be wise in your latter days." Proverbs 19:20

" ...faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Romans 10:17

" For the LORD gives wisdom: out of his mouth comes knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6

" But as for you, continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2Timothy 3:14-17

" But as for you, continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2Timothy 3:14-17

Please note that Bible study, in order to honor God, must be as God intended. Let me briefly explain:

All Scripture is certainly profitable as stated above, but we should remember that this passage of 2Timothy was written after 2Timothy 2:15, which states: "Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." If we do not rightly divide the word, we will have disastrous consequences, and our study will be terribly unprofitable and will dishonor God

The Bible must be studied systematically. It must be examined carefully in order to know exactly what is being taught. The Bible is not a mere collection of historical facts, or interesting suggestions for living, it is the word of God, and must be received as truth. (1Thessalonians 2:13)

In order to have a profitable study, we must have a clear understanding of where we are in God's program: Our Lord's earthly ministry was to Israel nationally. He, as the Redeemer, fulfilled prophecy by coming to establish God's Kingdom upon the earth. (Isaiah 9:6-7) His messengers were the twelve Apostles, of whom Peter was chief. This prophetic program, called the Kingdom of Heaven, was temporarily put on hold because of Israel's national rejection of Messiah. Then God, in loving kindness, began a new, unprophesied program called the dispensation of grace. (Ephesians 3:1-13) The message of this program is, basically, that there is no longer any difference between Jew and Gentile (Ephesians 2:11-22); God is saving all without distinction based upon Christ's triumphant death upon the cross of Calvary. This message is called the Gospel of the grace of God, and God's messenger is the Apostle Paul. This is where we find ourselves today.

So, while all of the Bible is written for us, only Paul's epistles are written to us and about us. This does not mean that none of the rest of God's word is applicable to us, only that the same distinctions which the Holy Spirit made in His writing of Scripture, must be made in our study of it. This is what is meant by rightly dividing the word of truth.

Salvation is for eternity. Once your saved you can not lose your salvation. Otherwise it wouldn't be salvation but probation .

How can Jesus save me from my sins?

Jesus Christ is one with God and yet became human by being born of a virgin. Through virgin birth, He is both God and man. Without having an earthly father, Jesus Christ was born without a sinful nature. He did what none of us could do; He lived the perfect life--without ever sinning. (Luke 2:40,52; 23:39-41)

But when Jesus Christ died, He died as a sinner and suffered not only the rejection of men but also the rejection of God the Father. (Matthew 27:43-46; Isaiah 53:3-11)

In death, Jesus Christ became our substitute and died our death to pay for the penalty of our sins. (Romans 5:6-8; I Corinthians 15:3,4; Peter 2:24: 3:18)
II Cor. 5:21 - For he (God) hath made him (Jesus Christ) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The Lord Jesus Christ not only died for our sins, but He also rose from the dead to become our Living Savior, the Mediator between God and man, our advocate before God the Father, the One who ever lives to make intercession for us. (Romans 5:10; 8:31-34; I Timothy 2:3-6; Hebrews 5:8,9; I John 2:1,2)

The death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ has provided for all mankind a complete and total salvation:

His death upon the cross was for all mankind - everyone, everywhere. (Romans 3:22; II Corinthians 5:14, 15)

His death upon the cross is the payment for all our sins (past, present, and future). (Acts 13:38, 39; I Corinthians 6:11; Hebrews 10:10,12,14,17)
By His death, He has provided the redemption (the payment of the price for our salvation), and by His death He has become our Redeemer (Romans 3:24; Ephesians 1:7; Titus 2:14)

By His death, He is the propitiation (the satisfying payment for our sins) to God the Father. (Romans 3:25; I John2:1,2; 4:9,10)

His death paid for our sins and His resurrection has become the means for our justification (a sinful person being declared righteous before a Holy God). (Romans 3:24,26; 5:1,8,9)

Through His death, burial, and resurrection, Jesus Christ has taken away our sins and has given His righteousness (the righteousness of God) to all who believe in Him and in His blood. Upon faith, the righteousness of Jesus Christ is imputed (put to the account) of the believer. (Romans 4:3,21-25; 5:17-21)
So then the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ has provided the total solution for all of man's problems before God. Our sins are taken away, perfect righteousness is imputed to us, and sinful man is declared righteous before a Holy God. Yes, the Lord Jesus Christ has provided it all. He has provided the means of reconciling us back to God. (Romans 5:10)

Since you are a sinner, there is no work that you can do to be saved. However, Jesus Christ has done all the works necessary to provide complete salvation for you. Therefore, all that is left for you to do is to receive the gift of eternal life which is through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

That gift is yours "BY GRACE" (undeserved and unmerited favor of God) "THROUGH FAITH" in what God said Jesus has done for you. (Romans 3:24; Ephesians 2:4,5,8 9; I Timothy 4:10)

The salvation of Jesus Christ becomes your salvation when you by faith believe in Jesus Christ--relying on or trusting in His blood alone--for your hope of eternal fife and favor with God. (Romans 1:16; 3:28; I Corinthians 1:18,21, 29-31; Galatians 2:16; 3:6,8,9,24,26)

Believing is not just all that you have to do to be saved…it is all that you CAN do to be saved today. God requires us to in His Son alone for our salvation. To try to work for salvation in any way is to reject the truth that Jesus Christ has done it all. That's "unbelief." Salvation is either by "works" (something done to earn it and deserve it) or it is by "grace" (unearned and undeserved). God said: "FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH; AND THAT NOT OF YOURSELVES; IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD; NOT OF WORKS, LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST." (Ephesians 2:8,9)

To try and work for your salvation is to reject God's grace and thereby to remain unsaved. (Romans 4:4,5; 10:1-4; Galatians 1:6-9; 2:21; 5:4; Philippians 3:3-9)

As soon as you believe the truth of the gospel, God keeps His Word and gives you the gift of eternal life. (Titus 1:2)

You are immediately washed of your sins, sanctified (set apart as holy) unto God, and justified (declared righteous) by God. (I Corinthians 6:11)

You are born again into God's family, regenerated, and renewed by Gods Holy Spirit and made a new creation in Christ. (Galatians 3:26; Titus 3:5; II Corinthians 5:17)

Upon belief, we are given the Spirit of life. The Holy Spirit of God indwells every Believer and, by His permanent abiding presence in us, we possess eternal life as a present possession. (Romans 8:2,9; I Corinthians 6:19,20; II Corinthians 3:6,17)

The Holy Spirit indwells the believer as soon as they believe, making them sons of God and sealing them until the day of redemption (the day Christ comes to take His purchased possession home to glory--bodily, physically, finally!). (Ephesians 1:12-14; Galatians 4:4-7)

The Holy Spirit is called "THE EARNEST," which means "a down payment." The Holy Spirit is given to us from God as a guarantee to us of eternal life. By the indwelling Holy Spirit, we have been given a down payment of eternal life promised by God. The Holy Spirit is said to be the seal of God's ownership until the day of redemption when He shall take us physically unto Himself forever in the resurrection. (I Corinthians 1:20-22; 5:5,6; Ephesians 1:12-14; 4:30)

We are saved eternally once we believe because that is what God has promised and God is always faithful to keep His Word. After all, isn't "ETERNAL LIFE" the gift that God has promised to give us upon belief? Then because God cannot lie, a life that never ends--eternally with Him--is exactly what we get the very moment we believe. (Romans 8:35-39; II Timothy 1:12; 2:11-13; Titus 1:2)

After we are saved, should we go on living any way we please?

The Bible asks that very question and then answers it for us: "WHAT SHALL WE SAY, THEN? SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN THAT GRACE MAY ABOUND? GOD FORBID..."! (Romans 6:1, 2, 15)

We who have been saved by the grace of God have been baptized (placed into) Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit Himself baptizes us (places us) into Christ--into His death, burial, and resurrection-- the moment we believe the gospel. This baptism is the operation of God. Be assured that this is NOT water baptism because the verses say "INTO CHRIST," not "into water." (I Corinthians 12:13; Colossians 2:10-13)

The importance of this is to teach us how it is and why it is that God the Father sees us as righteous. He sees us in His Son, who is righteous. This relationship with Jesus Christ makes us secure and saved, but it also makes us (each one) a member of the "BODY OF CHRIST (His called out people), and--as His Body--we ought to serve Jesus Christ, who is our head. (Romans 6:3-6, 11-13, 19-23)

We have been saved to serve God. We are not saved by our works, but the Bible says we are saved "unto good works. The love that God displayed to us at the cross--and through saving us by His grace--works in our heart to motivate us to desire to please and serve Him who loved us so. We ought to serve Him--not because we have to (to get to heaven) but because we want to--seeing that He saved us when we were so undeserving. (Ephesians 2:8-10; Romans 12: 1,2; Titus 2:11-14

(Hebrews 10:26-27 KJV) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, {27} But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

I don't believe this constitutes a loss of salvation, but rather the willful sin was a sign that the person had never received the righteousness which is of faith. When God says certain actions are worthy of judgment, if they do those things and expect to escape judgment, then they don't really have faith in God.

However, for us today, there is no good work that must be done to show salvation. Faith in and of itself is enough. This is what Paul means when he says:

(Romans 3:24-28 KJV) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: {25} Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; {26} To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. {27} Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. {28} Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Today it is not necessary for us to declare our imputed righteousness by our works, but rather to declare God's righteousness by our faith in the shed blood of Christ as the full and complete payment for our sins. Whereas Israel was justified by faith, and their faith was made perfect by works (James 2:22), we are justified by faith completely apart from any deeds of the Law. Unlike any previous dispensation, in the dispensation of grace, there are no works that must by done to show our faith.

To sum up, salvation is now, and has always been, essentially by grace through faith. What has changed, however, is the required response of true faith.

THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD - or, Why Gary the Crusader is mistaken

THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD --

Copy and paste the following url into the address bar.

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/savior-of-the-world/circularity.htm

At the top of that same THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD page, there is a link to many other writings in the same series that are related to this same subject.

Re: WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY ?

Gary, in love I say to you that you err because you have not sought to understand the full truth, via understanding the meaning of the original language of scriptures.

It was not written in English, brother. And the translations from Greek / Hebrew to English have all too many times been deliberately twisted in order to support a false doctrine. one that seeks to control people through fear.

Eternal is based on the word aion, which does NOT mean eternal as we understand it. Rather, it refers to an age, a time frame dependent upon the subject being addressed. You have an aion or age of life when you will live on this earth. The United States will exist for an aion, an age, just as the Greek and Roman and Egyptian empires existed for an aion, an age.

That is one example of where you err in understanding scriptures. While it was several years ago when you made these posts, I will hope and pray that our Father will open your eyes to the deeper truths of the depth and width and height of God's vast mercy and love for all of us.

Please do God's word real justice by honestly seeking the true meaning of what is said in scripture, rather than simply parrotting the misinterpretations that have abounded for two thousand years that have brought no comfort or deliverance to humanity, but have instead distanced people from God and kept them bound by fear.

God is not the author of fear. He gives us a sound mind, and how can you have a sound mind if you live in terror of somehow missing the mark and being tortured for eternity??? That is not what the scriptures teach. Please have the honesty and courage to seek the true meaning of condemnation, punishment, ****ed, these are CORRECTIVE measures, NOT dark ages torture chambers!

To others who may come upon this now or sometime in the future, start your search here at True Grace Ministries, also go to tentmaker.org and be open to God speaking His loving truth to your hurting heart. Beloved, it has never been God's desire to destroy any of us, He loves all of us so much that He made a way for us through His son, Yeshua, Jesus the Christ. YOU ARE LOVED!!!

OPPOSERS OF CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALISM REFUTED

Calvinism, Arminianism, or Christian Biblical Universalism

Which view of salvation is true?

Two good expositions specifically answering that question!

ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST – Charles Slagle
http://www.sigler.org/slagle/absolute.htm

THE LAW OF CIRCULARITY – J.Preston Eby
http://www.godfire.net/eby/circularity.html

If necessary, copy and paste the links into your browser.

COMMON ARGUMENTS ADDRESSED
Good news of God's love for all mankind - find it here at Tentmaker
http://www.tentmaker.org/FAQ/index.html
and
Quick Find: Links to Information on Hell and Universal Salvation
http://www.tentmaker.org/bloglinks.htm

CONSEQUENCES OF ETERNAL TORMENT THEOLOGY
http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/hells_fruit.html

BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED
http://www.tentmaker.org/books/BibleThreateningsExplained.html

THE SCHOLARS CORNER THE CENTER FOR BIBLE STUDIES IN CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALISM
http://www.tentmaker.org/ScholarsCorner.html

UNIVERSAL SALVATION UNIVERSITY
http://richardwaynegarganta.com/universalsalvation.htm

RESPONSES TO CURRENT CHAMPIONS OF ETERNAL TORMENT THEOLOGY

Don Hewey
http://gtft.org/Library/condon/QuestionsWithoutAnswers.htm
http://www.saviourofall.org/opposers/HeweyOnAion.html
http://www.saviourofall.org/opposers/HeweyCLNTReliableOne.html
http://www.saviourofall.org/opposers/HeweyCLNTReliableTwo.html
http://www.saviourofall.org/opposers/HeweyCLNTReliableThree.html

Eric Landstrom
http://www.saviourofall.org/opposers/Landstrom.html
http://www.saviourofall.org/opposers/Landstrom2.html
http://www.saviourofall.org/opposers/EricLConceptofAion.html
http://www.savior-of-all.com:80/aionian.html

Matt Slick (CARM website)
http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/matt_slick_doubletalk.html
http://www.saviourofall.org/opposers/Exposing.html
http://scaredofhell.com/CARMmattslickuniversalismrebuttal.html
http://indefenceofthecross.blogspot.com/2008/06/rebuttal-to-matt-slick-on-universalism.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/704708-my-letter-carm-run-matt-slick.html

Tom Logan
http://www.saviourofall.org/opposers/TomLogan1Cor1528.html

Hal Lindsey
http://www.purposeoflife.org.uk/reply.htm

Bill Wiese
http://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html

Dwane
http://www.saviourofall.org/opposers/EonLimitGod.html

W. E. Vine
http://www.saviourofall.org/poisonfruitofvine.html

A great fifteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid Biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD SERIES EBY
http://www.godfire.net/eby/saviour_of_the_world.html

THE WRITINGS OF DOZENS OF TEACHERS OF CHRISTIAN BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM

Copy and paste into Google
GOD’S TRUTH FOR TODAY LIBRARY
http://www.gtft.org/Library/index1.html (98% UR writers)
and
IN THE GARDEN
http://www.gtft.org/InTheGarden/index.html

Christian Universalism: Universalist Thought Through Church History
Well known Christian church leaders who believed and taught Biblical universalism down through the centuries.
Including a separate list of famous people embracing Christian universalism.
http://www.tentmaker.org/tracts/Universalists.html
also see
http://www.hopebeyondhell.net/Church-History.html

TWO TREASURE HOUSES OF CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALIST ARTICLES
http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/articles2.html
http://tgulcm.tripod.com/cu/univart.html

1 2