Return to Website

Observation Squadron Sixty Seven
VO-67

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Observation Squadron Sixty Seven
VO-67
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad News : Lt. Ray Eckert

I am sorry to report that LT. Ray Eckert passed away November 26, 2007 after a short Illness. I will post information on memorial service to be held in Hayward Ca. area when I receive it. Ray will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

" WINGS OF GOLD TO ANGEL WINGS "
God speed Ray.

Re: Sad News : Lt. Ray Eckert ( Memorial Service Info)

Memorial services for Ray Eckert will take place at the New England Village club house on Sunday, December 9th from 12:00pm to 2:00pm. The best way to get to New England Village is by taking the Tennyson Blvd (East) off of Highway 880. New England Village is located in Hayward Ca. You will then travel East on Tennyson for approximately two miles until you reach Huntwood Ave. You will then turn right on Huntwood Avenue and travel approximately one mile until you come across New England Village Ave. Turn right on to New England Village Ave. and proceed approximately 300 yards until you see the club house on the left. There are parking spaces on all sides of the club house.

Pasted below is a copy of my father's obituary.

Sincerely,

Bud Eckert

ECKERT

LT. RAY ECKERT

Ray passed away on November 26, 2007 at the age of 86. Ray was raised in Bristol, Pennsylvania during the Great Depression in a large family at a time and place where families had each other and little else. Shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor Ray joined the Navy. Ray served faithfully in the Navy for over 30 years, rising through all enlisted ranks until he was commissioned as an Officer. Ray served throughout the island campaigns of the Pacific during World War II, the Korean Conflict and the Vietnam War where he was a member of VO-67. Ray was the recipient of numerous awards including the Naval Commendation medal.

Ray is survived by his six children, Bud, Bob, Steve, Rosemary, Kay and Paul, 18 grandchildren and four great grandchildren. Additionally Ray is survived by his one remaining sibling Mary Wooley of Levittown, PA.

Services are to take place at Arlington National Cemetery.

Holy Angels Funeral & Cremation Center

(510) 537-6600