Return to Website

Observation Squadron Sixty Seven
VO-67

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Observation Squadron Sixty Seven
VO-67
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: January 11, 1968

Yes we did.
May God Bless Them.

Hello to CDR A.G.(Alex)Anderson. I wanted to email you to thank you your message on the VO-67 website. Yes today is one of remembrance for the proud crew of MR-2 lost this day 40years ago. XO/CDR Del Olson, Dennis Anderson LTJG, Arthur Buck LTJG, Richard Mancini AE2, Michael Roberts AO2, Philip Stevens LTJG, Donald Thoreson ADJ2, Kenneth Widon PH2 & Gale Robert Siow ATN3 my father. We cannot of course dismiss 'Seagrams' aka 'Snoopy'. I'm sure that all these men would be very proud to know that their squadron rececived the 'PUC'. My mother, brother & I were very happy to here about the news and of all your efforts among others to make this happen. It is a very important citation and everyone in VO-67 should be very proud as I am for squadron. I & my mother and brother were very sad to have missed the 2007 reunion especially as it was in Las Vegas and I & my mother both live here. We do however will attend the next one in 2009 in DC and will see you all again.I guess what I really want to do is to thank you and your crew and among all the others who made every attempt to try and find MR-2 soon after its loss. I'll never forget the day that my father flew out of Alameda, it seems like it was only yesterday. I am proud for what he and all of you had to do. None of you ever failed and for that you have a family (Rebecca, Sean, myself & my late sister Elizabeth) that shall always be very proud of VO-67 and the personnel that made the squadron work.
Take care CDR Anderson and will hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely, Robbie Siow

I think three dates will always be steadfast in the minds of the VO-67. January 11, February 17 and 27 , the days we lost combat crews.

“ THE VIGIL”

On that sheer green mountain, you’ve waited long, the vigil nears its end
You gave it all, your country called, no doubt you’d do it all again

Your grateful nation comes for you, it needs you back from whence you came
The mountain gives you up at last, all healing starts with pain

Strangers gather round your site, they come there seeking you
To bring you home, their honor bound, homecoming of Crew-2

We have told the story, of your deeds, so loyal and brave
How you faced the horrid hell of war, of the sacrifice you made

No longer will you endure the Monsoon rain, the wind and overcast
The missions done, the time is short, your on your way at last

It’s been so long, were sorry, we knew not what to do