Welcome to Rushlight
The Belfast Magazine's
Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
st finians fallsroad

any survivors from those day of yore br gildas bros cuthbert the boar br benigus mr curtis + mr case thoseyears would be from 1937 +45

Re: st finians fallsroad

It looks like you're the last one standing Gerry

Lord Leeson
It looks like you're the last one standing Gerry

yea me lord leeson but i am by the grace of him above soul survivor of those glorious days of ole as they sing GODSAVE IRELAND . UP THE REBELS GERRY

Hi , My Dad went to St. Finians his name was Frank Harraghy, he also had a brother called John they lived just across the road in 4 Leeson St, unfortunately both have past away , My brother also went there in the 60's and had the same teacher as our father.
If any one would have pictures of the top of leeson st i would love a copy .
Also my Mother was Isabel Kane Her family had the the barber shop at 124 Falls road for over 60 yrs just before the Clonard picture house, i'm sure her brothers went to st finians too thier names were seamus, peter and frank, frank was a radio officer in the merchant navy and was killed on his first sailing at the age of 17 that was jan. 1942, if anyone has a picture with kanes barber shop in it please get in touch with me at stockmanslane@hotmail.com

sorry no pictures ye brought back memories used to deliver irish new there remember one dog there the storei delivered believe on the glen me thinks that stockman lane was a ritz lane ha