Welcome to Rushlight
The Belfast Magazine's
Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Beechmount bungalows

Hello Joe, its mickey from Canada. Beechmount bungalows were also known as the prefabs,because they were prefabricated asbestos and white rock bungalows were made out of aluminum,did you find out anymore info on milltown row school that used to be a stepping stone before you went to St.Thomas?

Re: Beechmount bungalows

Hiya Mickey, yep your right some called them the Prefabs..as regards your query , I will mention it here now and see if we get any reponse...
Does anyone remember in the late 1950's early 1960's when the old St Pat's Boys home at Milltown closed and the boys were moved to the new home up the Glen Road their old building at Milltown became temporary class rooms for the older boys of nearby St Kevin's Primary School.?

i remember the home and when they moved knew some one that was there. did not know about the tempory class rooms

Hi my name is Anne Marie Quinn. I lived with my family at 28 Beechmount Bugalows. We left in 1961 to move to Turf Lodge. I was eight years old, my brothers Michael fifteen, Gerard nine, and Joseph six. Did anyone go to school with me, or remember us?

HALLO
I WELL REMEMBER I THINK WAS YOUR MOTHER I USED TO SIT AT YOUR DOOR AND SHE ON A SUNDAy morning would give me a patato wrapped in a piece of newspaper i knew micheal i think he wore glasses and my other friend was frank crossen who lived down the atreet from you i live in new zealand and how i would love to have my youth back

kind regards john mc ilroy

hi john i have been trying to get in touch with your sister mary would love any news about her
thanks

Was one of the McIllroy's married to Paddy Marks and they went to live in Australia John. ?

Hi JOHN HAVE'NT HEARD FROM YOU FOR A LONG TIME , HOW YOU KEEPING

hallo

mary livesin plymouth devon,my brother danny lives across the street from her and they see each other everyday so if you contact danny on564726
36bdevonport rd,stoke,plymouth,pl34dh im in contact with them a lot and will pass on your regards,

hallo
no margaret nor paddy only went to england im sorry to say as paddy cost me a fortune in buying him beer so i had to move to new zealand i was over there plymouth, england,last year,2010 and he was still at it i can get a message to her, to get in contact with you, if you wish,

kind regards john

hallo charlie
sorry ive taken so long to get back to you i could write a few books about my past but in brief im married to the same woman for 40yrs [she wont let me go]one son and 2 daughters, im going to put my daughters on ebay auctions,!!!i spend alot of time building, or should i say renovating my email address is nameology@clear.net.nz be nice to hear from you.the wife wants more jewlery, so i have to go to work, soon, im hoping to go to hollywood as a george clooney, look alike, well mybe rosemary clooney!!!! god bless charlie hear from you later

will do that john thanks for the infro i am also intouch with pauline quinn from the lane where the crossins lived theresa

hi, my name was ann mc williams my brother george and i lived at no 32.was ur mum called josie.i went to st. marys and later st. roses

Hi, yes my mothers name is Josie. Ann did I go to St Mary's with you? Please email me at irishannmarie@hotmail.com I live in Florida America now Thanks Anne Marie

Hi John, yes my brother Michael does wear glasses, and Frank Crossen was his best friend. My email address is irishannmarie@hotmail.com I live in America now. John do you have any photographs of us from those days? Anne Marie

just read your message i use live at 23 beechmount bugalows i rembember ur brother coming down to our house to frankie i went about with sean hanna many moons ago!

hi i remember frankie very well his friend tommy from over st james married a friend of mine her name is lilly would love to hear any new on them thanks

Hi Tommy,
I`m Michael Quinn from 28 Beechmount Bungalows. I used to hang around with your brother Frankie and Frankie Hanna. I met Frankie and his sister Margaret when I was in Belfast about 15 years ago.

Hi Tommy,
my brother Michael said tit he remembers you.
Anne Marie

hello joe hope all is good with you ,anne and all your family i have been looking for the photo of the old cottages on the brae can you tell me how to find it will also email you about some mags seen the one on here about down the loney i must have that all the best joe a great site you do work hard x

Hiya Theresa, nice hearing from you , all doing well here and I will tell Ann you were asking . I have no photo of the wee houses Theresa but there is a post on page 2 of the Forum telling about the murder of the fella Scullion who lived in one of them . The other family in the other wee house was called Clarke .

Was he anything to jimmy Clarke the coalman

hi there joe thankyou for reply the photo was for afriend turns out he lived there when a wean name of marley

thats was our coleman that right geordie

Yes he was onto me Theresa, gave him what he wanted to know.ie, the article I wrote on John Scullion, rip, which is here on the Forum .