Welcome to Rushlight
The Belfast Magazine's
Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Graham & Grimes

Hi Brendan,

Good to see your query and the responses it generated. I've been doing this " Family Tree and Graham Origins " Study for around seven years the
'noo, and the more I study , the more I find I have to learn. ! Somewhere in my collection of notes, I have ( iI think ! ) four pages of some 100 + ways of spelling Graham ....I'll E.Mail it to you if you like . Joe Graham said in his response , the we were under sentence of Death once for just having the " wrong " surname ! He's quite correct. One thing I read was that some of those of our Ancestors who chose to change their name , chose Maharg, which does'nt take a lot of figuring out is Graham spelled backwards ! Others went McHarg so I've read. I checked this out, and one Correspondent said :- " My Grand-dad said our name , Maharg, was changed from another surname , many years ago" , and I found by Googling :
"btinternet. residential numbers" that there are Mahargs in the UK Phone book. I have , by the way , got Lists of our Clansmen who in 1605 sent to Holland , by King James, and the following year , whole families who were Exiled to Ireland....if you want them ...just add thet to the list ! I am also in touch with two Scots Grahams whose Ancestors returned to Scotland from Ireland Generations ago. If you want assistance with your Family Tree studies, I could put you in touch with them. I don;t go to this Website very often, but I'm best contacted at :- bruros@clear.net.nz; which shows you what country I live in ! Look forward to hearing from you, Cheers the ' noo, Bruce Graham !